I can’t believe it took me two months to see the comment left by Becoming Mother, but I am honored to be nominated for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers award! I’ve been completely swamped recently because of work, school, and my newest career of being a full-time mommy so I’ve been a little behind on posts but that should fix itself in 10 months when I finish up my MBA! Thank you very much Sharon 🙂
Here are the questions sent to me:
- What has been your most visited post on your blog and why do you think people flocked to it? 3dp3dt Oh Progesterone! is my most visited blog post of all time. I think this is the most visited as 1. it was leading to our first successful round of IVF, 2 there are a lot of crazy Dr. Google symptom searchers, and 3 in the land of infertility we come back to a lot of interesting posts in a cyclical manner. It is crazy to think now, though, that my blog posts have transformed from crazy symptom spotting, injection hating, hormone induced, desperate postings to updates with the baby, my crazy life as a mom, and so many pictures of my handsome little man!
- What is the best way to spend $50 (and yes, you have to spend it!)? On the baby, of course! This child grows like a weed and I am forever at Carters buying him clothing. If it had to be on something fun, it would be for a $50 date. It will go a longer way if it is an in-house date: Movie, Wine, Homemade dinner. Grandma babysitter. Boom.
- Where do you usually write? What does your space look like? I write wherever I have a few minutes of spare time. Sometimes it is in my office right after I finish up work or even homework for the day, sometimes it is on my phone in the bathtub when Joe lets me get a few minutes of relaxation time and I need to write down what is on my mind.
- What is the funniest thing your child/children have done recently? The faces that my little man makes…it is just hilarious. He scrunches up his nose and makes kissy noises or pop noises…I keep trying to catch it on the camera and he just stops as soon as he sees it. He’s also doing this “slow roll” now where he’s rolling at a snails pace because he doesn’t want to hit his head off the hardwood floor. He keeps practicing while he is crawling and it is hilarious. Also, he discovered he can bounce him self in his little bouncer recliner thing we put him in after he finishes his bottle for some upright time (thank you acid reflux!) and if you’ve ever seen the video where the dad catches the child bouncing really fast and hard you’ll understand why it is so hilarious. That video will be in the 9 month update 🙂
- What kind words would you share with a first-time expecting mother? Take it allll in. Pregnancy was the longest and shortest time of my life. I truly enjoyed being pregnant and miss it so much. Coming from a mom that may never have the chance to be pregnant again, it is a part of my life I wish I spent a little more time embracing but unfortunately I could not due to school and some unhealthy people in my life. I wish I had that part of my life back.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as a way to vent about infertility struggles, to connect with others who had a not so pleasant TTC journey, and to support all the women who truly want to become mothers and either are still trying, pregnant, have had their babies themselves, through a surrogate, or even through adoption/fostering. I love everything maternal.
- What types of blogs catch your attention? Infertility, MC, and Parenting after infertility – I can truly connect to these women.
- Someone brought you your favorite snack and it is…Cheese. I love cheese. If you brought me wine, too, I’d kiss you 🙂
- Coffee, tea, or something else? Coffee…and wine. LOL
- You can solve one global problem. What is it? Health. Global health is all inclusive and is one that should be focused on as the world is our children’s future. Lets fight disease, displacement, and world hunger. I’m pretty passionate about a lot of topics but I’m astonished at how much suffering is in the world and a lot of it stems from global health.
Nominees, if you’d like to participate, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate seven other blogs (let them know!)
And here are my questions for you:
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your secret indulgence?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- What is your favorite holiday tradition?
- If you could have dinner with one living celebrity who would it be and why?
- How has social media changed your life?
- What have you learned about yourself since blogging?
- What is your hidden talent?
- Name 3 things someone close may not know about you.
I’ll be tagging my nominations by the end of the week! (It’s almost time for the baby to come home from school!)