What a pleasant surprise to wake up to! Thank you trishadill from Life’s Journey for nominating by blog for the Sunshine Award! Life’s not always sunshine and rainbows, especially for our tight nit community, but sometimes we have to make light of otherwise shitty situations and always offer support for one another because in the end we are all sisters. Thank you again ❤
The rules are:-
- Include the Sunshine Award Icon in your post.
- LInk to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
Here were the questions asked :-
1. What are your favorite movies and what was the part you liked best?
I’m a huge sucker for comedies, anything hilarious I will watch. One of my favorites is Adam Sandlar’s Big Daddy. Up until recently it was the only movie I ever cried to. (I cried recently at the ending of the new Batman movie because Robin made his debut, but infertility made me do it). My favorite part during Big Daddy, the part that made me bawl my eyes out like a little sissy was when Frankenstein was being taken away by the adoption agency and started screaming for Sonny and telling him “But I can wipe my own ass!” – That part gets me every. single. time. No lies.
2. If you can travel to any place in the world where would it be?
First and foremost, I haven’t been on a plane EVER. I am DYING to get on a plane. So if I can pick anywhere it has to be by plane and it has to be somewhere warm with clear waters and beautiful. I’m going to go with Jamaica for this answer simply because that’s where I wanted to spend our honeymoon that we still haven’t taken because life has gotten in the way. Buying a house, selling a house, renovating a house, going through fertility treatments for years = no honeymoon for the Cutri’s, but hey…if I get a baby or two out of this I really don’t give a shit. There are things much more important to me in life than taking a vacation.
3. Have you ever been to summer camp?
I have been to a sports camp, yes. It was actually pretty fun. We played sports all day, we got free lunch, at the end of it we competed against each other. Me and my brother were on different teams every year. I learned that I am awesome at the back stroke and am otherwise average in every other athletic event you can think of.
4 . Are you introverted or extroverted?
Under normal circumstances I would say definitely extroverted. I love being out and about. I love interacting with people. I am energized at the very thought of being social. HOWEVER, there are certain times during an IVF cycle where I am much more comfortable being alone and it’s only because I am so anxious and worried I am going to do something wrong that I just want to focus all of my energy on me to make extra sure that I am taking care of #1 first, everything else will be there when I am done.
5. Tell me some characteristics that are important to you in a good friend?
They need to be there when I need them the most. They need to be understanding, kind, have the ability to listen, to tell me without sugar coating it whether or not I am being a puss puss or if I am right for having my worries, and most importantly…when I am in the craptastically crappiest of moods they need to be able to break me and make me laugh and forget about what is pissing me off at that moment.
6. What are your hobbies?
Racing. Up until this year with all the treatments I have been going through, Joe and I have owned our own racing series since 2007…we were both involved with said racing series for several years prior, and I grew up going to racetracks. It’s in my blood. It’s what I love. Now instead of being stressed over the management of everything we can actually get to go out and interact with the hundreds of friends we have made throughout the years. I felt so much more relaxed being able to converse with these guys one on one like a friend rather than a promoter and it was really really nice.
7. What do you want to do when you’re finished school?
I finished college 7 years ago, I am an accountant and I love every minute of it. I was lucky enough to land this awesome position 5 years ago (I had two previous accounting jobs, 1 I left to move closer to my husband and the other I left as the accounting department was being laid off to centralize the accounting in the middle of the country.)
8. What is your least favorite food?
Beans. I hate beans. Their texture just gets me. I love the flavor that beans bring to certain dishes but I cannot eat them. They explode when you bite into them. They have a gritty texture. The skin makes me gag. I actually made Joe cook his chili with all the beans in a bag so the flavor went through the chili but no beans were in my batch. I felt bad because when I took my portion out he emptied the bag of beans into the pot but burned himself attempting to do so.
This does not pertain to soy beans (edamame) – this I adore.
9. If you can change anything in the past what would it be?
I am a strong believer in never regretting any decisions made. I am who I am because of my past and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
10. Why do you blog?
I came from an extremely large family, there was non stop talking, interactions, & entertainment. You take a girl (who is the middle of 7) out of a place where there was always something to entertain you or someone to talk to and move her to a place where she doesn’t know anyone…to where her husband is the only child…where family gatherings aren’t communicated to us. I get lonely and bored. I guess I initially started writing to get my voice out there and I feel like sometimes I write like I’m having a conversation with my mom because she’s not in my house, because I have to wait a month or more sometimes to see her. I also write because what we are going through is not fully understood by anyone around us so using this as an outlet to vent and interact with people in our situation was saving me from going absolutely mental. I normally am a positive person but we all have weak moments so I rely on you ladies to help me get my head back in the game whether it is by silently (or not so silently) stocking your blogs or asking for advice.
Here are my 10 nominees:-
1. Something out of Nothing
2. Barren Betty
3. From Pincushion to Baby
4. Rain Before Rainbow
5. Today I Hope
6. Nat JezzCrawford
7. Scrambled Eggs
8. Maybe This Time
9. Still a Mama Wannabe
10. Starbucks, Peace, and the Pursuit of a Baby
Here are my 10 questions:
1. So…Needles…how much do you love them?
2. When you are in the foggiest of days and nothing seems to be turning your mood around, what is one thing you know you can rely on to put a smile on your face?
3. What is the one dish you are known for? (for the not-so-culinary savvy, if you could eat one dish for the rest of your life what would it be, and from where?)
4. Do you have a lucky sock? (Not so much a sock in particular but an item that you may carry around with you when you need a little extra boost in luck?)
5. If you could go back in time [at any stage of your life] and tell yourself something, what would you say?
6. Who is your biggest Man-Crush (Woman-Crush)? What about them does it for you?
7. Have you had any really odd searches that lead to your blog? Name the strangest ones.
8. Have you had something REALLY awesome happen to you or someone close to you where it made you feel so happy? Care to share?
9. If you could go to dinner with any Celebrity, who would you choose and why? What would you ask them?
10. Why are you here? Why do you blog (besides the obvious)?
Thanks again for the nomination and I wish I could have chosen more blogs to nominate, because I have a bunch of fantastic ladies I follow and who support me!